Last week was my daughters birthday so we weren’t home as much, I had enough freezer meals to get through till next week. My Mother in law and I decided to do breakfast, snacks, and lunches.
- Fat Stripping Frappe (In the book)
- Pancakes (In the book)
- “Mac and Cheese”
- Salmon, quinoa, and a salad
- Lettuce wraps with bell pepper slices
- Nuts and Cheese
- Snack bar
- Cottage cheese and fruit
For the “Mac and cheese” Brown ground meat and rinse, add the meat and broccoli to Dreamfields Penne Pasta. We put about 1/4 cup of almond milk in the pasta mix, then added sharp cheddar cheese. You can add however much cheese you desire, we added about 2 cups
For the Lettuce Wraps, take a large leaf and add your desired meat (we used cracked pepper turkey). You can add your desired toppings, we used cucumber and a cheese stick. If you want “mayo” I would suggest adding it when it’s time to eat, we will add avocado when it’s time to eat (didn’t want it to turn brown). You can choose whatever side you like, we used red, yellow, and orange bell peppers.
- Seeing as we will be eating the pancakes during the week, we precooked them and put them in a gallon ziplock in the fridge.
- The FSF, we put the dry ingredients in a fold top Baggie (one for each fsf) then put them in a quart Baggie so they were all together.
- Again, since the meals are for this week we precooked most of these. We put the “Mac and Cheese”, Salmon, cottage cheese and fruit, are in Tupperware (portioned out) so we can grab it at lunch/snacks.
- The nuts and cheese are portioned out in baggies, ready to grab. *we keep them in the fridge*
- We put together the lettuce wraps and bag them in a quart bag, put the bell peppers in a small baggie, and put both in a gallon bag.
- We make two quarts of GGMS and keep in a pitcher in the fridge, so we can pour over ice when we want a glass.
First week was a success and Hubby approved! This week we wanted to make something a little more upscale than a Pizza Casserole, which was delicious by the way! One thing I love about freezer meals is the variety of meats you get through the week, for instance, this week we have salmon, chicken wings, two types of beef, AND pork! Just keep your fingers crossed that there’s leftovers for lunch the next day. 😉 **Next week we will take more pictures of the prepping so you get a better idea**
Meals for week 2:
- Sweet and sour chicken E
- Un-stuffed peppers E
- Salmon E
- Pork loin S
- Meat Stew S
- Cheesy chicken S
- Egg roll in a bowl S
- Spicy chicken wings S
Egg Roll in a Bowl and Cheesy chicken are in the THM book.
The pork loin we made our own recipe, we bought a pork loin and put it in the ziplock (still packaged), along with sweet potatoes and asparagus.
Instead of bulgar, we used quinoa. http://www.realsimple.com/m/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/lemon-baked-salmon-asparagus-bulgur
Okay ladies! My Mother-in-law and I decided to do freezer meals for our families, its helped us out so much!! Grab what sounds good for dinner and everything is ready to go, just cook and serve! I thought we would post these, in hopes that it helps you as much as it does us. 😊
We do the complete prep work for our freezer meals. Ex; Greek Burgers – Cut up ingredients, mix with hamburger meat, add spices, form hamburger patties, and freeze.
Meals for week 1:
- Pizza casserole S
- Greek burgers S
- Bean soup E
- Chicken tortilla soup E
- Pasta E
- Egg roll in a bowl S
- Creamy cheesy chicken S
- Cottage berry whip
- Ice cream
- Strawberry muffins
Pizza casserole, Egg roll in a bowl, Creamy chicken, and Cottage berry whip are all in the book.